Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fancy Painted Bookmarks!

I've been dreaming of spring all week, gazing longingly at my garden, imagining the colorful wonders that will be emerging in only a few short weeks. Even though it's been rather balmy outside, I've been resisting the temptation to start scattering seeds about so early, mostly by painting these lovely little summery bookmarks. As much as I love my garden, I'm also a bit of a magpie and I love shiny little treasures to play with too.

Though I went a bit cross-eyed making such tiny little paintings (20mm!), it was utterly worth it. I'm thoroughly in love with these bookmarks. I admit to keeping several for myself and a couple as presents for my favorite people. But, I did leave a few of the prettiest in the bunch to sit on the shelf of my shop. I can't imagine how I didn't think of making these sooner! I shall never again have to disgrace my novels with bits of crumpled receipts to keep my place!

If you'd like to make your own, I found the most beautiful settings at a little Etsy jewelry supply shop called Bunnysundries -- they were so helpful and nice and they have an amazing selection for all of your bauble making needs. I'm now dreaming of painting my own necklaces too. Ahh, the pure joy of possibility.


No comments: