Monday, April 23, 2012

Summer Sketches No. 3

I've been so proud of myself for painting such nice faces recently. But, they've all been from directly in front. I thought it was high time to start drawing some profile faces too. I checked out a lot of books illustrated by Arthur Rackham from the library this week (one of my favorite illustrators), to get a better idea of how it's supposed to be done. And, I spent a goodly amount of time staring at Norman Rockwell pictures (not actually one of my favorite artists, but I like his shapes). I drew so many girls with little pert noses that I became thoroughly sick of pert noses and the girls they live on and started to draw imps and goblins and all of their big-amazing-nose'd glory. I rather like them and I hope you do too! 
Keep on practicing and I will too!

1 comment:

kristin maynes said...

Those little girls are darling! You did a fantastic job on thier dainty noses. Love your sketches!