Monday, May 7, 2012

Rainy Day Painting



I've been listening to Azure Ray, reading some J.D. Salinger, and admiring too much Yoshitomo Nara this weekend. This is how my painting turned out as a result. It's been raining in Denver off and on all weekend, which is good for gardens, but always leaves me a bit lackluster. I wouldn't survive in Seattle.


Ellie, 8x10 acrylic on canvas paper

I left her a bit more flat than my other recent paintings. It seemed to fit her mood. It reminds me of how Bilbo Baggins described himself: "I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter, scraped over too much bread."

And, of course, cloudy Monday mornings are somewhat less than ideal for photographing paintings indoors without a fancier camera than I happen to possess. I'm sure I'll get a scan soon though.

Here's hoping the week is a little sunnier!

All the best,
Charlie

1 comment:

kristin maynes said...

It's a lovely painting. I really like how it's offset in the frame. I hope the rain stops soon...sunshine is a must for me. :)